Monday, August 11, 2008

Are You Watching?


I love the Olympics. They did a segment on China's involvement with the '88 LA Olympics last night, and I thought of how well I remembered that. We were almost sophomores. The opening ceremonies were so over the top. That was the first time the set up a wild torch-lighting contraption that has had to be outdone ever since.

I missed a lot of the opening ceremony this year, but what I saw was certainly spectacular. If you haven't seen the Men's Relay repalys right now, you must be in Guam. What a stinkin' lot of fun that was to watch! Whenever I watch swimming, I think of Tarn and Suzanne because they are the only people I personally know who have done competitive swimming. Of course I shouldn't even be watching any of it. I close on a new house in two days with lots of cleaning and packing to do, and my 7 month old twins are trying to crawl off my bed next to me--except when they are busy giggling at each other.

What is your favorite Olympic memory?

No comments: