Thursday, May 29, 2008

John Thompson

Two jobs you've had since high school
1.Neuroscience lab Technician
2.Residential builder

Your top 2 accomplishments since 1990
1.My wife and I built our own house
2.Got my parents to move to Oregon

Your 2 favorite memories of high school
1.State golf trips
2.Tooling around in Suzy's blue Toyota

Your 2 favorite teachers
1.Linda Tillson
2.Mr. Brandt

Top 2 classmates you have kept contact with.
1.Suzy Miller
2.Janika (Lay) Skembo

Two things you've done since HS that you never wanted to do.
1.Missed a Motley Crue show
2.Owned a Ford (wife inheritted a 1963 Ford Ranchero)

Two things you've done since HS that you always wanted to do.
1.Toured the Porsche factory
2.Gotten a pet

Two places you have lived
1.Heaven-on-earth (Eugene, OR)
2.Nevada

Favorite 2 vacations since HS.
1.Europe-last year
2.Omaha-last week

Two people you would most like to get in touch with again
1. Terry Hannaway
2. Brett Sharp

5 comments:

Janika said...

Got your parents to move to Oregon rates over rebuilding a Porsche? Where are your priorities man!!??

thomsabol said...

my mother in law lives in springfield.

Fords stink, I got into a really bad car acciedent in a ford taurus, it was all the cars fault.

you and your wife built your own house. that reminds me of the old shake and bake commercial where the little girls says "and i helped" at the end.

John Thompson said...

I wish building our house was as easy a Shake and Bake commercial. We (wife, dad, myself and the occasional friend) did all the framing, siding, plumbing, and finish work. Hired the concrete, drywall, painting, roofing, heating, electrical, and carpet. It was the most trying two + years of my life. Took two months off work to frame it and then spent the next twenty working nights and weekends to finish it. Had 5 deaths in the family and one close friend killed during the process. This was something I will never do again! (at least while trying to keep a day job). Definately no Extreme Home Makeover 5 day build.

John Thompson said...

Janika,
The car isn't complete yet and I will put my parents over the car even when it is finished.

thomsabol said...

I didn’t mean to imply that building a house was an easy process. I was suggesting that construction and wives are usually counterintuitive.

I am sorry for your large loss of lives during the building of your home. I pray that they weren’t people who died while helping you build your house.

I did remodel construction in incline village for several summers . It wasn’t an easy job so I applaud your accomplishment.